[SOLVED] Why transfer speeds with 128GB FAT32 flash drive are so slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpalerPLM

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Hi, I got a brand new USB 3.0 Sandisk 128GB flash drive which I formatted to FAT32 (so my PS3 could read it) and when I transfer video files to it (plugged in to USB 3.0 slot) the speeds are beyond horrible, they fluctuate between 10 mbs / 1 mbs and for most of the time a few KBs. Insanity..

But if I plug in a 32GB/FAT32 flash drive it works as fast as it should. Conclusion - ports are okay and capable of providing the speed.

I did not change the default plug out method "removal policy" for the flash drive so I assume it's set on where I can immediately unplug it as opposed to using the safely eject option ?
Any advice?

Solution
Even reputable brand SD cards and USB Flash drives come in slower or faster flavors which depends from NAND memory and controller used inside. Faster units are noticeably more expensive. Like 10€ for 64 GB slow unit and 30€ for 64 GB fast one. Where both of them have USB 3.0 interface.
Oh no, that's no fake that I have, it cost the normal price and was bought at a respectable electrinics shop from my country. It is not a cheap fake that I have.
He didn't mean that.
Even the official sandisk (and any other company) the cheaper cards are slow, you can look at the same Gb cards and you will see some that are double and more in cost, those are generally faster.

Reactions: mamasan2000
Even reputable brand SD cards and USB Flash drives come in slower or faster flavors which depends from NAND memory and controller used inside. Faster units are noticeably more expensive. Like 10€ for 64 GB slow unit and 30€ for 64 GB fast one. Where both of them have USB 3.0 interface.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS