Question Why VR games only list Minimum settings?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So, I have a core i5 4590, 8 GB, Radeon RX 570 PC, And I am planning on buying some latest VR games, And when I go check on its requirements, I see it only listing minimum requirements and no recommended requirements, The minimum requirements of most of them are the recommended ones of Vive and Rift, Does they mean by minimum requirements recommended requirements because most VR games have non-configurable graphics. Should I just step aside from VR and return the Oculus rift I bought?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Because for VR the "recommended" is the most horsepower you can throw at it, basically.

Even within 'normal' games, there's no set standard, but they can at least shoot for some arbitrary number. Some games will "recommend" for 1080p, High, 60FPS, others 30FPS, Low etc.

While an upper or recommended limit for VR will come eventually, given the framerates that are desired for such an application (generally speaking), the hardware doesn't exist yet.

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Because for VR the "recommended" is the most horsepower you can throw at it, basically.

Even within 'normal' games, there's no set standard, but they can at least shoot for some arbitrary number. Some games will "recommend" for 1080p, High, 60FPS, others 30FPS, Low etc.

While an upper or recommended limit for VR will come eventually, given the framerates that are desired for such an application (generally speaking), the hardware doesn't exist yet.
I don`t really understand.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The "recommended system requirements" for any VR system exceed the minimum system requirements for the game outside of the VR Environment. Unless the game was specifically designed with VR as the primary platform, you're not going to get much more than that. Remember. "Minimum System Requirements" isn't the lowest platform a game will run on. It's the lowest platform that the development team has to support. If you're having issues with a game in VR and your system does not meet the recommended system requirements for VR, the support team doesn't need to go any further than state, "Upgrade your system".

-Wolf sends