[SOLVED] Why we still have to wait when loading is finished?

Solution
loading the game into memory is only the first step in starting the game or level within the game. all that info still has to be processed through the cpu and then the gpu once it is in ram.

this is likely the pause you are seeing. that and what USAFRet noted above is also part of it. but really is that extra half second really that big of a deal?

i mean i've spent more time typing this than you'd lose in a 4 hour gaming session to these mini pauses. seems to me like you just need to be a touch more patient grasshopper :)

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
can you elaborate more. no idea what you are asking here.

what has loaded? what are you waiting for? how do you know? and so on and so on.
Take example csgo, we all know before playing we have to wait for the game to load everything and while waiting we have to watch loading screen. Here's my question, you noticing that progress bar right? Even the progress bar reach the end why we still have to wait (for another second or milisecond) for the game to completely playable?

USAFRet

Titan
Take example csgo, we all know before playing we have to wait for the game to load everything and while waiting we have to watch loading screen. Here's my question, you noticing that progress bar right? Even the progress bar reach the end why we still have to wait (for another second or milisecond) for the game to completely playable?
"progress bars" are never 100% accurate.
They are just something for you to watch while the system is doing its thing. Movement on the bar can indicate that the system has not frozen.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
loading the game into memory is only the first step in starting the game or level within the game. all that info still has to be processed through the cpu and then the gpu once it is in ram.

this is likely the pause you are seeing. that and what USAFRet noted above is also part of it. but really is that extra half second really that big of a deal?

i mean i've spent more time typing this than you'd lose in a 4 hour gaming session to these mini pauses. seems to me like you just need to be a touch more patient grasshopper :)

Solution

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020

Thanks for the answer, i don't really mind about those extra time, i just wondering why is this happen.