[SOLVED] Why when I copy photo from pc to external hdd had an error?

veltix01

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
Why whenever I copy files from pc to external hard disk appear an error code, the same goes for cut and paste? or delete? was it due to the wire loose connection or something else?

[OS = Windows 10]

Solution
BTW - never cut and paste. Copy & paste then verify the copy process is good and now it is safe to delete the source file. If you cut and paste and the paste errors after the 'cut' buffer empties then your file will be gone from both source and destination leaving you stuck having to run recovery on the source drive to get it back if you don't have it backed up. And since Windows now thinks the space on he source disk is free to use, you pretty much have to stop using the PC immediately so that windows won't fill the space with something else and overwrite the file(s) you need to recover. Fun stuff, ask me how I learned this the hard way. LoL

popatim

Titan
BTW - never cut and paste. Copy & paste then verify the copy process is good and now it is safe to delete the source file. If you cut and paste and the paste errors after the 'cut' buffer empties then your file will be gone from both source and destination leaving you stuck having to run recovery on the source drive to get it back if you don't have it backed up. And since Windows now thinks the space on he source disk is free to use, you pretty much have to stop using the PC immediately so that windows won't fill the space with something else and overwrite the file(s) you need to recover. Fun stuff, ask me how I learned this the hard way. LoL

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution