Question Why will my screen freeze?

Oct 20, 2020
When ever I am doing anything on my computer there is always a few times when my screen will just freeze I usually still have audio and about 30 seconds to a minute later it will unfreeze as if nothing happen. I have built a whole new computer and the only part I have kept is my hard drive and GPU. I have no idea what is causing this but I am going to guess it's my GPU? (yes I still had this problem before the new system build and after)

Did you reinstall Windows when you moved the drive to the new build? If not, do that.

Need to list system specs including the power supply model.

Does the freeze happen in games or at any time? Need to test the system with another video card since you used your old one and there are still issues.

Oct 20, 2020
yes I did reinstall windows on the drive while moving it into the new system. specs are ryzen 5 3600, asus b550 motherboard, g skill 3600mhz ram, zotac mini 1070 ti, and a corsair 650 gold plus power supply. it does freeze in games and outside of games when it freezes in the game I can't move or do anything but when it freezes outside the games I can move my mouse but that's about it.