[SOLVED] Why will PC not fully boot after power outage?

GazZa182

Commendable
Dec 2, 2020
PC SPECS
- Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Max
-CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
-GPU: XFX RX 580
-Power supply: Corsair CX550M
-Storage: M.2 500GB WD SSD

This morning a power-out happened at my house. Afterwards I attempted to turn on my computer, the computer turned on (Fans spun, GPU powered up, Motherboard lit up), but the monitor did not, I then checked all the basics (HMDI cord and connections) and restarted my computer. This did not solve the problem, I then checked the EZ Debug LED and the CPU error light was on, I then pulled out one of the RAM sticks and restarted the computer. The CPU error LED turned off however the BOOT error LED turned on, I then took out the BIOS battery in the motherboard for 5 minutes however it has made no difference. All other the other parts seem to be working but I cannot fix the problem.

Last edited:
Solution
I had a power outage once a few years back and it cooked my HHD.
That could be your problem but power outages can be harmful to computer parts.

GazZa182

Commendable
Dec 2, 2020
No I cannot access BIOS.
I have done some research however and I believe that the sudden power-out damaged my M.2 SSD drive that I boot from.
Is there anyway that I can recover or fix the drive?

GazZa182

Commendable
Dec 2, 2020
I just turned on my PC this morning and the Motherboard backlights were blue instead of their usual red when powering up, and the CPU red LED on the EZ DEBUG was on (all fans turn on including the CPU cooler). I tried removing the ram sticks and booting with only one in the computer to no avail (doing this "fixed" it yesterday) .

GazZa182

Commendable
Dec 2, 2020
Yeah, I am in the process of getting some spare RAM sticks to troubleshoot with. The only two part that I believe are damaged are the RAM and the SSD. Luckily I did not have anything important saved to the drive (mostly games). Does anyone know if anything else could of been damaged?