Question why windows 10's built in apps icon looks white after i clean installed windows??

Jun 29, 2022
already did but its still the same.. i have a dell laptop with intel r hd graphics, the dell website has 20.19.15.4835 graphics driver for my laptop but i updated my hd graphics driver to 20.19.15.5171 with driver booster

Jun 29, 2022
install gpu driver?
any helps?? i already looked into youtube and the internet but there is no solution for it, on my other hp 250 g6 notebook the built in apps looks colorful so i created a iso file with media creation tool and run a vm with it and the vm also shows white builtin apps

Colif

Win 11 Master
So its not using the accent color, have you tried changing them in Personalisation/colors?

Curious if its just showing the placeholders still, have you run windows store and checked for updates?
The installer doesn't have current or full versions of the default apps, it downloads the latest from the store after install. So maybe the icons are just placeholders until you get right ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Yes that is very odd. Especially if you’ve got the operating system from Microsoft direct using the media creation tool

Colif

Win 11 Master
Guess it depends how quickly after installing the OS that they asked, I expect there is some order to the updating process windows does, it might have been still getting windows updates and would get the store updates at some stage.
Also depends on if user was online at time.
Might also depend if they signed into store on their user account though this only applies to local accounts.

store updates don't show in windows update history, you have to look in reliability history or the store itself to see them. Guess it makes sense to have it like that but people don't know to run the store updater as most times it runs auto.