Question Why won’t my build boot?

May 20, 2020
Hello I’d like to start by saying I’ve consulted the checklist and I’d like to apologize if I’m formatting anything incorrectly, but if someone can help me get this thing to post I’ll gift them a steam game!

When I power on the computer, both inside the case, and outside the case manually via a screwdriver, I can get both the “CPU” and “DRAM” lights to illuminate, but I can’t get anything from the VGA or BOOT indicator. There’s no blinking or beeping. When I power it on, all of the fans fire correctly, including the Wraith cooler, but after about 10-15 seconds the RGB on the Wraith begins to fade and everything shuts off then turns back on again. I’ve already replaced the power supply and the issue stayed the same. My build is as follows:

ASRock Phantom Gaming 4s x570
Ryzen 7 3700x
G Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200
GTX 1080 ti
Crucial MX500 1tb SSD
Powerspec 650w Semi Modular 80+Gold
w/ Arctic F14+P14 fans in a Fractal Design Meshify C TG

Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks in advance for your time if you can help!

Mod Edit for forum compliance

Last edited by a moderator:
May 20, 2020
Does your 1080Ti only have the one 8-pin power connector or does it have two? If there is more than one, they both need to be connected.

-Wolf sends
I have a Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti turbo and it indeed has two slots. Wow I feel so dumb haha. I’ll get that fixed up real quick haha. Thank you so much for your help. Love this community <3

Reactions: Wolfshadw

TRENDING THREADS