[SOLVED] Why won’t my mounting screw remove?

Jun 19, 2021
I am in the middle of building a pc and when I was installing my m.2 ssd I realized that I couldn’t remove the mounting screw on the motherboard. I don’t know if this was intentional or not but I have an asus prime b550m-a motherboard and have been trying to install the ssd for two hours.

Solution
I am in the middle of building a pc and when I was installing my m.2 ssd I realized that I couldn’t remove the mounting screw on the motherboard. I don’t know if this was intentional or not but I have an asus prime b550m-a motherboard and have been trying to install the ssd for two hours.

You don't need to remove any screw to install the M.2 SSD, those are Hex nuts and they are fixed to the motherboard. Once you inserted the SSD to the slot, use a screw to secure the card using one of those nuts.

You don't need to remove any screw to install the M.2 SSD, those are Hex nuts and they are fixed to the motherboard. Once you inserted the SSD to the slot, use a screw to secure the card using one of those nuts.

Solution
Jun 19, 2021
None of my screws fit inside the hex nuts, that’s why I thought it was a mounting screw because all the videos I watch have mounting screws