Question why won’t my pc turn on?

Jan 6, 2023
i recently just bought an rtx 2060 and a corsair 550 watts psu for my pc i was putting them into my pc and once everything was plugged in it wouldn’t turn on i also tried putting my old gpu back in but it still wouldn’t turn on

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
i just realised i’ve got rgb fans and my old psu has the cyber power thing connected to it for the rgb fans is there any was possible i could get it to connect to my new psu?
are your PC fans connected with this? Follow the sata cables and make sure they are attached, older fans use these sata to molex cables a lot and sometimes its hard to track where they are plugged into
startech_satapowadap_4_pin_molex_to_1001023.jpg

Jan 6, 2023
are your PC fans connected with this? Follow the sata cables and make sure they are attached, older fans use these sata to molex cables a lot and sometimes its hard to track where they are plugged into
startech_satapowadap_4_pin_molex_to_1001023.jpg
yes the one on the right is the one my fans use but my old psu has a cyberpower led fan where i need to plug my fans in to turn on and it’s actually connected into the psu itself so i’m not sure i’m going to get these fans to turn on because i don’t know if it’s possible to get that out

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
yes the one on the right is the one my fans use but my old psu has a cyberpower led fan where i need to plug my fans in to turn on and it’s actually connected into the psu itself so i’m not sure i’m going to get these fans to turn on because i don’t know if it’s possible to get that out
I see what you mean. You need to order one of these adapters so you can plug in your fans
Amazon.com: COMeap 6 Pin Male to 3X 15 Pin SATA Female Hard Drive Power Adapter Cable for Seasonic Antec Modular Power Supply 20-in(50cm) : Electronics
That, or get fans that connect directly to the Motherboard
Amazon.com: Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High Performance Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 1700 RPM (120mm, Grey) : Electronics

Jan 6, 2023
thank you, also i bought this pc no longer than two days ago and i’ve turned it on and it’s making a cackling noise is that normal?