[SOLVED] Why won’t my PC work?

kubakuba15

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
So today I upgraded my cpu and moved my whole set up to a new case, after spending awhile making sure everything was where it should be I went to go start up my system and everything seemed well considering all the LEDs on my parts were lighting up which is my motherboard, GPU and RAM but none of the USB ports or video work don’t know what is wrong with it any feedback would be much appreciated. Also I tried replugging all the wires back in, restarted the pc and nothing has changed
Specs:
Motherboard: B350m gaming pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: 1660ti
RAM 2x16GB
Power supply: CX550m
Case: TD500 mesh

Last edited:

kubakuba15

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Feedback? Ok. But first it would help to know WHAT you need feedback ON? You haven't told us ANYTHING about your hardware.

Motherboard, CPU, memory, etc. Exact power supply model.

Or, what you've already tried or checked, and what you haven't.
Motherboard is a B350m gaming prob
CPU Ryzen 5 3600x
2x16 gb of ram
1660ti
CX 550M 550 watt power supply
Case is a TD500 Mesh
And I tried restarting it checked all the pins don’t really know what to do in this situation

kubakuba15

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
And did you make sure you had updated the BIOS to a version that even supports that CPU, BEFORE you changed CPUs? Have you tried the old CPU to see if it works with the old CPU installed?
Just reinstalled the old cpu and everything seems to be running how it should how do I go about updating the BIOS??

kubakuba15

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
And did you make sure you had updated the BIOS to a version that even supports that CPU, BEFORE you changed CPUs? Have you tried the old CPU to see if it works with the old CPU installed?
Also after everything booted up everything I had saved on my pc is gone now not a huge deal just mostly confused