[SOLVED] Why Won't Bluetooth Devices Pair with My Windows 10 Laptop?

dekw04

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi all.

I have multiple Bluetooth-capable laptops with Windows 10 on them, but I can't consistently (if at all) get Bluetooth devices (such as Bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth game controllers) to pair with them.

I've tried pairing the devices, running the Troubleshooter, and following YouTube videos on it, but so far nothing has worked. The devices may or may not show up in the "Bluetooth & Other Devices" section on Windows 10 when I go to add and pair them, but I've never been able to successfully pair them.

I believe the issue must be with Windows 10 as the Bluetooth devices are recognized by my phone and are able to pair with it. Again, the Bluetooth devices may or may not show up in the "Bluetooth & Other Devices" section when I go to add and pair them on the Windows 10 laptops, but they are never able to pair.

When I got these laptops, I thought that I would be able to use Bluetooth devices with them so not being able to use Bluetooth devices with them is frustrating.

With that said, what is the solution to this? Does anyone know how to get Bluetooth devices to be recognized and pair with a Windows 10 computer every time?

Thank you.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
Sadly I have experienced this same phenomenon and the only time i was able to get consistent results was with a standalone solution.
Meaning a USB Bluetooth adapter. The internal solutions even with driver updates and so forth over several generations of laptops have all been subpar especially when talking about reconnecting to devices upon boot.