Question Why won't my display turn on? Any suggestions?

Apr 4, 2023
Long story, but my monitor won't turn on.

I first built my pc in early 2023. I was new and uncautious so I accidentally bent the cpu pins. Undending was unsuccessful and I let the professionals fix it.

Not too sure what they did exactly, but the pc worked, but even they couldn't unbend the pins. The motherboard still was half functional as the dual channel wasn't possible and performance was disappointing.

They told me to change my motherboard before it damages other pc parts.

Now, with the new motherboard, it keeps flashing red lights on the dram. I changed the ram hoping for the best but didn't change anything.

Before I changed it to a new motherboard, the old one was functional, but now nothing seems to work and I don't know what to do.

I am not too sure if my guess is right but the motherboard supports up to 3200mhz ddr4 and both my old and new rams are 3600mhz ddr4, but 3600mhz is possible when xmp is enabled.

I checked all the tutorials on youtube and changed the battery as well, and I did reset the bios.

Spec:
CPU: 13600kf
CPU cooler: coolermaster ml360r
Motherboard: Arous z690 elite ax ddr4
Ram: Ripjaws 16gb 3600mhz
GPU: 6800xt

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You can get bent pins if you do not drop the cpu chip in cleanly.
If you need to smoosh it around to get it seated, you will bend pins.
One common symptom is ram issues such as bad slots or no dual channel operation.
That is user error and not a reason for a motherboard RMA.

On the new motherboard, any speed ram should work.
3600 speed ram will have a default speed at which it will boot into the bios. In your case, up to 3200 speed.
Once in the bios, a XMP setting can boost speed higher to 3600.

The simplest explanation is that your ram sticks are not seated well.
It takes some force, evenly applied straight down to each end to get the ram seated.
Try reseating the ram.

Do you suppose that you might have bent the pins again?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Chalk it upto a learning experience. You tried, it didn't work, you got help, it works. You learned something along the way. So your time wasn't wasted. In the future, you'll know better what to do when or before things go sideways, which saves you time and money. However it may seem, you did learn a thing or two, which no matter what, is a good thing.

Reactions: cccccup