Aug 14, 2021
Hello forum visitors,

Thanks for visiting my topic! I could really use some good advice.

I got myself a Gaming PC last year but unfortunately it doesn't work at all as far as gaming concerned.
I'm quite able in this world but I'm certainly not a pro so please forgive me for not knowing everything.

First of all, my system:
  • Chip: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.80GHz (95W)
  • Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim
  • MBoard: MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (X570 / ATX)
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX DIMM Kit 3200 MHz (2x 8 GB)
  • Graphics: 8 GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT XFX Thicc III Ultra
  • SSD: 512 GB M.2 2280 PCIe x4 Samsung PM981a NVMe
  • HDD: 1 TB SATA III WD Blue WD10EZE
  • PSU: 700 Watt be quiet! System Power 9 80+ Bronze
The problem...

I don't play the heaviest and newest games, but old games aren't going well either.

+ The PC makes a lot of noise almost immediately, which sounds like you are standing next to a plane taking off, really not normal. As a result, the sound of the games is completely lost.

+ The processors are apparently under maximum load: the graphics card goes to 99% while I'm only in the main menu of Assassins Creed Origins.. The CPU will go to around 50%.

+ As soon as I enter the game in AC:O the noise only gets worse - and this is immediately when starting a savegame where I just stand in a market and do nothing at all.. No walking, no turning, nothing!
The system overheats quickly - within 3 minutes while I do nothing else but look at the readings: the GPU temperature shoots to 107°C and the CPU to 75°C.
This is indicated by the measurements of the AMD software as well as of the MSI software.
The PC case immediately becomes very hot and the glass plate on the side is completely dilated.

This doesn't seem normal to me. I've never experienced this before either. Adjusting display settings/resolutions down: has no effect on the measurements or physical effects.
Like I said, I'm no expert. But I find it remarkable that my 4-year-old Lenovo Legion laptop can easily handle these games while my new Gaming PC seems to have a lot of trouble with games from 2017.
The other game I like to play: Total War Warhammer II. I have the exact same problem with this game.
The temperature of the processor rises in no time to 85°C (maximum manufacturer's specification AMD = 95°C - idle on desktop 60°C) and the Radeon to 91°C (maximum manufacturer's specification 110°C - idle on desktop 55°C).
This already happens on the campaign map, so not even during a battle. While playing this game, the system invariably goes black after 8-15 minutes and then it resets automatically.
I have checked the game several times for errors and reinstalled; this does not happen on the Lenovo only on the PC and at varying moments in the game.
I suspect it's a safety in overheating but I'm not sure.

Personally, I think of the airflow .. since the glass plate also becomes completely dilated.

In addition:
* there are 9 fans in the PC
= 3x 120mm front, 1x 150mm rear, 1x processor cooler, 3x under the Radeon, 1x on the MSI
* also: open grille at the top, grille at the rear and 2 narrow air inlets at the front

Who can help me? I would like to finally use my Gaming PC after a year...

Thanx!

Malta.

ASK THE COMMUNITY