[SOLVED] Why Won't My GPU Run At 100%???

Apr 2, 2021
I have a radeon 5700xt paired with a ryzen 3700x and when I play minecraft I get about 400fps and my gpu is around 20-30% usage. I play on minecraft java edition 1.8 It does this on all versions all clients, mods and no mods.

Solution
you can set a minimum fps that it could run at the problem is that it maxes out ag 300 and adrenalin doesnt detect actual minecraft as a game, only the launcher.
Yes you can set a minimum, but the purpose of RChill is to limit FPS to lower power consumption. You set the minimum target (meaning the lowest FPS you are willing to accept) and your max target (depends on the max FPS you are capable of so the idea is if you get 250 FPS max in a game you would could lower the value to 200) in order to reduce heat & power consumption. If you have the latest drivers you should enable Frame Rate Target Control in Advanced Graphics in Radeon Software. This has a max FPS of 1000 however, just because you set the value at 1000 doesn't mean...

InvalidError

Titan
It probably means that your CPU is encountering a single-thread bottleneck in minecraft at about 400fps and in that case, your only option to push frame rate beyond 400fps (why?) would be to get a 5600X or better which has higher per-thread performance.

Apr 2, 2021
It probably means that your CPU is encountering a single-thread bottleneck in minecraft at about 400fps and in that case, your only option to push frame rate beyond 400fps (why?) would be to get a 5600X or better which has higher per-thread performance.
so i cant do anything other than upgrade? my friend has a ryzen 3700x paired with a 5600xt and he runs around 1000fps at 80% usage

D

Deleted member 2871437

How do you get 400fps on minecraft java edition 1.8 on that build? With a ryzen 5900 and an rtx 3090 and 32 GB max I get is around 200 fps, generally sits around 60 fps. Just curious, I can't see that anything over 165 fps would make any difference on my monitor. With an i9 9900k and 6800 xt also get about the same performance.

Apr 2, 2021
How do you get 400fps on minecraft java edition 1.8 on that build? With a ryzen 5900 and an rtx 3090 and 32 GB max I get is around 200 fps, generally sits around 60 fps. Just curious, I can't see that anything over 165 fps would make any difference on my monitor. With an i9 9900k and 6800 xt also get about the same performance.
thats interesting... did u check your gpu usage? u might have the same problem as me.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
So many variables it's pretty much a gamble now. Lower end hardware will push harder because it needs to, and higher end hardware wont run at %100 if it doesn't need to. Difference in resolution and refresh rates make a difference in performance, but typically low GPU usage means there is a CPU bottleneck. Even if your friend gets 1000fps is his experience really better than yours? Does he run low settings? Does minecraft actually benefit from higher fps?

Apr 2, 2021
So many variables it's pretty much a gamble now. Lower end hardware will push harder because it needs to, and higher end hardware wont run at %100 if it doesn't need to. Difference in resolution and refresh rates make a difference in performance, but typically low GPU usage means there is a CPU bottleneck. Even if your friend gets 1000fps is his experience really better than yours? Does he run low settings? Does minecraft actually benefit from higher fps?
he uses normal settings and yes there is less input lag

D

Deleted member 2871437

thats interesting... did u check your gpu usage? u might have the same problem as me.
Using hwinfo, GPU core usage only goes up to about 40%, memory usage under 10%.
CPU usage also quite light, so yes I think this PC could run Minecraft at a much faster rate (FPS) but I have no idea how to get it to do that!

Apr 2, 2021
You just helped identify something that could be an issue. 550w should be fine for your CPU and GPU, but I believe 600/650w is recommended for your rig.

But... I am trying to compare specs here so you need to provide more information.
ryzen 3700x (stock cooler)
powercolor red devil radeon 5700xt
trident z neo 3600mhz cl18
asus b450f gaming
seagate 2tb hard drive
adata su655
evga g3 550w 80+ gold
6x inwin sirius loop asl 50 cfm 120mm

Feb 4, 2021
I have a radeon 5700xt paired with a ryzen 3700x and when I play minecraft I get about 400fps and my gpu is around 20-30% usage. I play on minecraft java edition 1.8 It does this on all versions all clients, mods and no mods.
You need to see if your cpu is limiting you or not, if not , them you need to see if your gpu driver is right or not, 550 psu might be a problem if is not a stable psu, if everything if fine them probrably is the max the game can do (or this java version), your friend vs you are running the game at 4k or full hd ? because that makes difference, and also graphics settings too. There is another thing too, maybe there is something activated (option or else) in your gpu driver that limits fps to preserve the gpu and use less energy, i have seen things like that, one is called Radeon chill you need to see if this is atctivated if it is them it will surely limit your fps, there are other things you can try in this same way, there is an option called radeon boost use dynamic resolution to increse fps, don´t know if it will work in this case but who knows.

Apr 2, 2021
You need to see if your cpu is limiting you or not, if not , them you need to see if your gpu driver is right or not, 550 psu might be a problem if is not a stable psu, if everything if fine them probrably is the max the game can do (or this java version), your friend vs you are running the game at 4k or full hd ? because that makes difference, and also graphics settings too. There is another thing too, maybe there is something activated (option or else) in your gpu driver that limits fps to preserve the gpu and use less energy, i have seen things like that, one is called Radeon chill you need to see if this is atctivated if it is them it will surely limit your fps, there are other things you can try in this same way, there is an option called radeon boost use dynamic resolution to increse fps, don´t know if it will work in this case but who knows.
I will definitely trying using radeon chill to increase my fps thanks for the suggestions

Apr 2, 2021
I have tryed using radeon chill to force better fps but since adrenalin doesnt recognize minecraft as a game, it doesnt work.