Question Why won't my headphones work on my new pc?

Jan 5, 2020
I recently built my first PC. Everything works fine, other than the audio. The computer detects when I plug in my headphones, but when I actually try playing sound, it does not work. The Windows troubleshooter said "audio services not responding". I have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers. Neither worked (unless I did not do them correctly). How can I get the audio to work.

AMIT 321

Commendable
Dec 26, 2019
I recently built my first PC. Everything works fine, other than the audio. The computer detects when I plug in my headphones, but when I actually try playing sound, it does not work. The Windows troubleshooter said "audio services not responding". I have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers. Neither worked (unless I did not do them correctly). How can I get the audio to work.
motherboard details and can you see any Realtek audio manager anywhere in control panel

Jan 5, 2020
motherboard details and can you see any Realtek audio manager anywhere in control panel
I have a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M, and yes there is a realtek audio manager. I tried messing with a few options in it but it did not help. I think it might be a problem with the case since I double checked that the case audio port is correctly plugged into the motherboard, and the back audio ports work perfect.

I have a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M, and yes there is a realtek audio manager. I tried messing with a few options in it but it did not help. I think it might be a problem with the case since I double checked that the case audio port is correctly plugged into the motherboard, and the back audio ports work perfect.
Which case do you have?
I had similar issues with a couple of PC cases (audio and USB) and either got the PC case exchanged or got a new IO front panel from manufacturer.

TRENDING THREADS