Why won't my monitor connect?!??!

zeph2234

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Hello so here is my issue, I recently for my birthday have gotten a gtx 1050 ti and an amd 8350 (4.0ghz) I used to have a gtx 950 and an amd 6300. I uninstalled all of my nvidia drivers from the control panel I then shutdown my computer unplugged it and installed my new hardware. I turned my monitor on and it said no signal I thought maybe wait a minute or two. It did not work, I restarted it and it still did not work!!! I then thought to myself maybe it's the graphics card? I reinstalled the gtx 950 with no results if I have to I will reinstall the amd 6300 but do not see how it will work. I have taken the mother board battery out and then put it back in held the power button for 30 seconds does not work. When I turn on the computer everything lights up as usual and drive sounds fine and everything! What I don't understand is how this is happening since I have an amd board I don't have onboard graphics so I can't even use that! I have been doing this for hours to no avail!?!

Edit: The cable works as the monitor can identify the cable is plugged in if I plugin two cables at once it will tell me the other cable that's plugged in WHAT DO I SEE A DVI-D. My monitor is 144hz and is LG. Please someone help in any way.

Solution
I'm sorry for wasting like two people's time LOL. I did not have the two power pins next to the CPU hooked up only one it was an 8 ping but I used two four pins and it works like a charm just boot up with you old CPU and the new GPU and then put the new CPU in and it should work!!!!

zeph2234

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
I'm sorry for wasting like two people's time LOL. I did not have the two power pins next to the CPU hooked up only one it was an 8 ping but I used two four pins and it works like a charm just boot up with you old CPU and the new GPU and then put the new CPU in and it should work!!!!

Solution