Dec 2, 2022
specs:

motherboard: B450m hdv
PSU: 600W Cooler Master MWE 600 V2 (newly fitted)
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: 16gb Corsair 3200 mhz
8x2gb

Recently sold an rx570 8gb and purchased a second hand PALIT RTX 2070. Once placed the rtx into the PC it turns on, all the lights and fans also turn on and everything seems well. However when looking at the monitor… theres no signal showing and literally no boot up to bios OR windows. Keyboard and mouse also NOT turning on.

Other GPUs work.
Tried Display port, also doesnt work.
Tried Hdmi?

help?

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
When you installed that PSU, did you by chance use the old power supply cables and connectors? Whenever you install a new power supply ALWAYS use the cables and connectors from the new power supply. Things tend not to work correctly when installing a power supply by using the cables from the previous PSU.

Dec 2, 2022
That sure is sounding like a PSU problem from what you described even though 600W is more than enough for that that setup. If you just got that power supply I would try and get another one and try it again.

Rightt so you suppose its the PSU then? Which do you recommend at a decent price for my set up? hopefully i didnt get scammed with a dud card or something ? thats my biggest fear because i doubt i can get a refund now.. Also if it is the GPU is there any way of repairing it?

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Rightt so you suppose its the PSU then? Which do you recommend at a decent price for my set up? hopefully i didnt get scammed with a dud card or something ? thats my biggest fear because i doubt i can get a refund now.. Also if it is the GPU is there any way of repairing it?
Based on your description that neither the mouse or keyboard turn on, is usually an indication of a PSU. problem because that involves losing a 12v rail. If the PSU is new but the RTX 2070 is used then it is worth making sure the RTX 2070 works. Do you have access to a friends PC that you can try to see if the 2070 works on their computer?

I happen to own a 2070 Super and they are still great cards for 1080p and some light 1440p gaming.

Dec 2, 2022
When you installed that PSU, did you by chance use the old power supply cables and connectors? Whenever you install a new power supply ALWAYS use the cables and connectors from the new power supply. Things tend not to work correctly when installing a power supply by using the cables from the previous PSU.

i’ve used the old power cable yeah, ill give that a try.. I bought the card off ebay it had photos of it in the PC etc but obviously cant confirm the date and time of the photo itself.

Yeah the PSU is brand new literally purchased it today because i thought that was the issue, the mouse rgb light turns on for a split second then goes off. But shouldnt the Bios screen atleast come up or windows ? I don’t really have any friends that game on pc most are on console so im gonna have to find somewhere where I can test it.

Dec 2, 2022
where did you buy the second hand 2070. Have you seen it actually working before you purchased it?

could have been used up for mining, and already dead when given to you.

ebay had photos but not really seen of it working in person i guess.. The seller said no refunds either

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
ebay had photos but not really seen of it working in person i guess.. The seller said no refunds either
Please read this real carefully. I have been buying on Ebay for many years. Ebay has a policy that protects the buyer. Open a case with Ebay. Explain to them that the item you purchased does not work. You tried it on two PC’s and it doesn’t work. You also went thru the trouble of purchasing a new power supply and it still did not fix the problem. A 500w power supply should be enough to handle that card, easily.

It doesn’t matter whether the Ebay seller says no refunds. The bottom line is the item you purchased, HAS TO WORK IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT THE SELLER SAYS.

YOU ARE ENTITLED BY EBAY FOR A WORKING ITEM OR YOUR MONEYBACK. ( Caps for emphasis).

Open an Ebay case and you will get your moneyback. If you don’t know how to do that, open the Ebay help button on the screen or let me know and I will help you with that.

Reactions: Richj444
Dec 2, 2022
Please read this real carefully. I have been buying on Ebay for many years. Ebay has a policy that protects the buyer. Open a case with Ebay. Explain to them that the item you purchased does not work. You tried it on two PC’s and it doesn’t work. You also went thru the trouble of purchasing a new power supply and it still did not fix the problem. A 500w power supply should be enough to handle that card, easily.

It doesn’t matter whether the Ebay seller says no refunds. The bottom line is the item you purchased, HAS TO WORK IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT THE SELLER SAYS.

YOU ARE ENTITLED BY EBAY FOR A WORKING ITEM OR YOUR MONEYBACK. ( Caps for emphasis).

Open an Ebay case and you will get your moneyback. If you don’t know how to do that, open the Ebay help button on the screen or let me know and I will help you with that.

unfortunately i tried and it’s not looking good ffs

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
unfortunately i tried and it’s not looking good ffs
Did you open a case with Ebay? I got my money back even though the seller said no returns. I opened a case with Ebay, explained the problem that it did not work and I got a refund. Unless the seller states that the item doesn’t work and is being sold for parts then that's different. If you are sold something that is implied that it works and does not, then you are entitled to a refund under the Ebay Guarantee.

If not you might want to contact either PayPal or your credit card company when you made the purchase so they can reverse the charges.

Dec 2, 2022
specs:

motherboard: B450m hdv
PSU: 600W Cooler Master MWE 600 V2 (newly fitted)
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: 16gb Corsair 3200 mhz
8x2gb

Running on windows 11 developer mode. Latest build.

Recently sold an rx570 8gb and purchased a second hand PALIT RTX 2070. Once placed the rtx into the PC it turns on, all the lights and fans also turn on and everything seems well. However when looking at the monitor… theres no signal showing and literally no boot up to bios OR windows. Keyboard and mouse working fine rgb lights are on. I have tried the gpu on two seperate computers and it works perfectly fine?

Other GPUs work.
Tried Display port, also doesnt work.
Tried DDU uninstalling everything and done new gpu installation option.
Installed the driver for the RTX 2070 with my other gpu plugged in and switched it out with the RTX to see if that would do anything, but no.

Tried Hdmi?

help?