Why wont my PC made DVDs play on home player?

I am trying (frantically) to produce a DVD of my home videos that I can watch
on my home DVD, but with no success. I am importing from from my Sony
Digicam into Ulead Movie Factory's DVD option, following through the steps
and then telling it to output to a 4.7gb DVD+RW via my LG DVD writer. When I
put the resulting disk into my Alba DVD I get the menu screen, but it will
not let me select - let alone - play a scene. The disk plays in the P.C's
Power DVD, and Media Player. Can anyone please put me out of my misery??!!
Thanks in advance. Clive

Try to make your DVD on different media..... the rewritable format is not
liked on many standalone players.

If DVD+RW is listed for your standalone at www.videohelp.com, try a
different brand of media. Avoid cheap ones, they may work first time, but
the second and subsequent time is an entirely different matter.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Cliveb" <Cliveb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying (frantically) to produce a DVD of my home videos that I can
>watch
> on my home DVD, but with no success. I am importing from from my Sony
> Digicam into Ulead Movie Factory's DVD option, following through the steps
> and then telling it to output to a 4.7gb DVD+RW via my LG DVD writer. When
> put the resulting disk into my Alba DVD I get the menu screen, but it will
> not let me select - let alone - play a scene. The disk plays in the P.C's
> Power DVD, and Media Player. Can anyone please put me out of my misery??!!
> Thanks in advance. Clive

"Cliveb" <Cliveb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying (frantically) to produce a DVD of my home videos that I can
>watch
> on my home DVD, but with no success. I am importing from from my Sony
> Digicam into Ulead Movie Factory's DVD option, following through the
> steps
> and then telling it to output to a 4.7gb DVD+RW via my LG DVD writer.
> When I
> put the resulting disk into my Alba DVD I get the menu screen, but it
> will
> not let me select - let alone - play a scene. The disk plays in the
> P.C's
> Power DVD, and Media Player. Can anyone please put me out of my
> misery??!!
> Thanks in advance. Clive

It sounds like your home DVD player is the problem. Some home DVD players
just don't like DVD-R media. You can check out what others say about
compatibility limitations of various home units including (possibly) your
own here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers Your best bet is probably
to go out shopping for a new DVD player, and taking that DVD you've
created with you. Try playing it on various demonstration models in the
showroom before making your purchase.

Regards,
Ian.