Why won't my pics download off the memory card in order on my computer like they are on the SD or the memory card??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2018
My pictures are all scrambled and not in order as they were taken on my Canon camera or SD card when I download them on my computer. When I look at them on my camera before downloading they are in order as taken. Could it be my camera or the memory card? This has just started recently - could I have changed a setting on my camera somehow in trying to set the date or etc??

No, it is the way you have it set on the computer. If you are looking at them through a specific program, check the settings in that program to change the order.

If you are viewing them using the standard Windows program when opening an image from the folder it is in, then the default for Windows is to sort by name, not date. If your camera is like most, and you remove the images and start over, then it will start the numbers again from the beginning, which can mess with the order of how they show on the computer. If this is the case, you will need to change that location/folder to sort them by date not name.

Oct 6, 2018
Thank you so much. As I said this has just started recently - have not had any problems with them not downloading in order as they were made up until last month or so. Will try your solution and see if it works and again thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.