Why Won't My RAM Fit Into My iBook G4?

DellTheEngie

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I recently purchased a 2003 Apple iBook G4 to use for school. I got it home, played with it for a little bit, then decided to install some RAM into it. I grab my trusty screwdriver, salvage a 1GB stick from a nearby laptop, and try to stick it in. Lo and behold, it won't fit! I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Is this even the correct type of RAM?
Link to the RAM I'm using: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanya-1GB-2Rx16-PC2-5300S-555-13-A2-667-DDR2-Laptop-ram-/131812915740

Pictures:
h5TiiVz.jpg
1EQxKv3.jpg
f0PYg8M.jpg

Solution
Long answer: The iBook takes DDR memory. You grabbed some DDR2 memory. They are physically incompatible to prevent someone connecting one kind to a system that takes the other kind and causing all kinds of permanent electrical damage.

Short answer: Either you are trolling, or this is one of the <removed>est ideas I've seen in a long time.

Mycroftxxx

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Long answer: The iBook takes DDR memory. You grabbed some DDR2 memory. They are physically incompatible to prevent someone connecting one kind to a system that takes the other kind and causing all kinds of permanent electrical damage.

Short answer: Either you are trolling, or this is one of the <removed>est ideas I've seen in a long time.

Solution

DellTheEngie

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

i'm just an idiot

TRENDING THREADS