Why wont Programs close?

Hello, i reinstalled windows recently, everything has been running smoothly
until a few days ago i noticed, some programs wont open even after i double
click the icon, i wait awhile then i go to the Task manager then to the Tab
Processes and i end the program i opened, but it doesnt go nothing happens, i
keep trying but nothing happens. I later try and reboot the system, the
system hangs trying to turn it off, because it cant close this Process, but i
noticed tons of different Programs do this. What can i do to fix this problem?

Hi,

Considering this is a 3 day old problem, I would suggest using System Restore to bring the
system back a point, or date before this started.

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

Let me know the results.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

OzMan34 wrote:
> Hello, i reinstalled windows recently, everything has
> been running smoothly until a few days ago i noticed,
> some programs wont open even after i double click the
> icon, i wait awhile then i go to the Task manager then to
> the Tab Processes and i end the program i opened, but it
> doesnt go nothing happens, i keep trying but nothing
> happens. I later try and reboot the system, the system
> hangs trying to turn it off, because it cant close this
> Process, but i noticed tons of different Programs do
> this. What can i do to fix this problem?

I have tried almost everything, i have installed Service pack 2 yesterday and
it didnt fix the problem, i did a full virus check, ive repaired windows with
the cd, nothings fixing it, is there any other suggestions?