Question Why won't video driver install

Feb 20, 2019
I have an Intel Core i5 650 processor and an H57M-USB3 motherboard. I just recently bought an MSI Geforce GTX 1050 ti AERO ITX 4G OC and every time I try and install the driver. the error given is "this graphics driver could not find compatible hardware" the graphics card is sufficiently powered and although they are old I have checked both the processor and the motherboard and they are compatible with the graphics card so I shouldn't be getting the error of not finding compatible hardware.

what do you guys think?

edit: it now starts installing but it fails before the installation finishes.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
Do you see any life from the GPU when you're running, fans, heat, etc.? Are you connecting your monitor to the motherboard or to the GPU? Do you know if this motherboard has UEFI? Sometimes newer GPUs don't get along with motherboards that don't have UEFI.
yeah its currently on, fan running, a little heat running off of it. my monitor is connected to my motherboard currently and my motherboard does not have UEFI.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Without any resolution from these things, my best guess is that your motherboard just won't communicate with this GPU due to the lack of UEFI. Generally speaking, on motherboards this old, we recommend GTX 750 Tis or 600 series motherboards if the PSU is decent, for this reason.

Have you tried the other PCIE slot in order to rule out an issue with the top PCIE slot?

TRENDING THREADS