why woud my stalker install and uninstall every security/antivirus program on the market onto my pc before it was given to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Przywara

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
My computer was a "gift" from my stalker. I ran Recuva to see what files were deleted and found that before the laptop was given to me (supposedly brand new, still in the box), nearly every spyware, malware, antivirus, etc. program had been installed and then uninstalled. What would be the purpose of this? Would this kind of activity create issues when I installed security programs on the pc?

Solution
You accepted a brand new laptop from a "stalker"? And you are using it?

A. That's encouraging them in a massive way. You should have zero contact.

B. The very obvious reason. They installed keyloggers/spy ware and wanted to see if anything could detect it. Send. It. Back.
You accepted a brand new laptop from a "stalker"? And you are using it?

A. That's encouraging them in a massive way. You should have zero contact.

B. The very obvious reason. They installed keyloggers/spy ware and wanted to see if anything could detect it. Send. It. Back.

Solution

Amy Przywara

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
I didn't know he was that sick in the head back then. He wanted to be able to Skype and my old laptop didn't have a webcam. I'm not going to destroy evidence, I am talking to law enforcement about where to get a forensic scan and have him arrested. But now I know why he installed/uninstalled security software. Thanks.

Amy Przywara

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
I didn't know he was that sick in the head back then. He wanted to be able to Skype and my old laptop didn't have a webcam. I'm not going to destroy evidence, I am talking to law enforcement about where to get a forensic scan and have him arrested. But now I know why he installed/uninstalled security software. Thanks.

bitwright

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
Considering that he gave you the laptop specifically because your old one didn't have a webcam, he likely installed a remote administration tool on your laptop so that he could watch you remotely through the webcam without your knowledge.

Like unksol said, all the antivirus installs were probably him testing to see if whatever he installed on there is detectable or not.

I hope your not using that laptop anymore. And good luck with the cops; hopefully they put that guy away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS