[SOLVED] Why would a pc lose 30 fps in all games

Jan 29, 2020
I was playing rb6s with 100 fps then in the next round I was getting 60 fps I rebooted and tried it in bf5 and got 50 to 60 fps I normally get 70+fps i under volt to get lower temps i have been doing so for a week with no issues

specs:
ryzen 2600x
xfx rx 590 fatboy
msi carbon pro
integrator 500w psu
windows 10 home

Last edited:
Solution
GPU = xfx rx 590 fatboy

Power consumption is listed at 550 watts.

Recommended Power Supple is listed as 600 watts.

Your PSU is 500 watts. Unit ratings/reviews seem mixed.

My thought is that the current PSU is not able to support the computer and its' component load.
its not the psu its directx version causing issues bf5 was on directx11 gpu usage was dropping to 0% i changed it to dirctx12 and it worked fine checked it on modern warfare and got normal fps going to check some other games on directx11

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Just one tool at a time.

Observe while pc is sitting idle, while you do light work and/or browsing, and lastly while gaming.

Look for some resource bottleneck and what app, processes, and services are using that resource.

Jan 29, 2020
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Just one tool at a time.

Observe while pc is sitting idle, while you do light work and/or browsing, and lastly while gaming.

Look for some resource bottleneck and what app, processes, and services are using that resource.
everything is normal in task manager and msi afterburner when idle, i have increased my cpu voltage no difference. when gaming cpu and gpu usage looks normal. temps are lower than normal

Ralston18

Titan
GPU = xfx rx 590 fatboy

My thought is that the current PSU is not able to support the computer and its' component load.

Jan 29, 2020
GPU = xfx rx 590 fatboy

its not the psu its directx version causing issues bf5 was on directx11 gpu usage was dropping to 0% i changed it to dirctx12 and it worked fine checked it on modern warfare and got normal fps going to check some other games on directx11

Solution

TRENDING THREADS