[SOLVED] Why would my games be stuttering?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have a brand new rig that I built a few weeks ago and lately I've been noticing stuttering in Destiny 2. It's not all the time, it seems to happen when more things are going on or in some areas of the game. I dont notice really any frame drop when this happens, my frames are high like they should be with my specs.

Rtx 2070 super
Ryzen 2700x
16 gb ram @ 3200mhz
Corsair cx750m psu
500gb samsung ssd
2tb hdd

I did install driver booster on my pc and only used it once in the beginning to upgrade drivers. I heard it wasnt the best program to use so I havent used it since. I looked at what it updated and one thing on there was a nvidia usb type c port policy controller. Is that a driver seperate from my nvidia geforce gpu drivers that I update on the regular? Should I uninstall that and try and re install from a better source than driver booster?

I'm just not sure why I would be getting these weird stutters during different parts of the game. For the most part it runs smooth I just run into these hitches.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have a brand new rig that I built a few weeks ago and lately I've been noticing stuttering in Destiny 2. It's not all the time, it seems to happen when more things are going on or in some areas of the game. I dont notice really any frame drop when this happens, my frames are high like they should be with my specs.

Rtx 2070 super
Ryzen 2700x
16 gb ram @ 3200mhz
Corsair cx750m psu
500gb samsung ssd
2tb hdd

I did install driver booster on my pc and only used it once in the beginning to upgrade drivers. I heard it wasnt the best program to use so I havent used it since. I looked at what it updated and one thing on there was a nvidia usb type c port policy controller. Is that a driver seperate from my nvidia geforce gpu drivers that I update on the regular? Should I uninstall that and try and re install from a better source than driver booster?

I'm just not sure why I would be getting these weird stutters during different parts of the game. For the most part it runs smooth I just run into these hitches.

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
Have you checked CPU usage whilst you're playing? There could be a CPU bottleneck as it's only a 2700x with a RTX 2070 super.
If your CPU is at 100% and your graphics card is 80% you'll either have to crank up the settings or limit the fps.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Have you checked CPU usage whilst you're playing? There could be a CPU bottleneck as it's only a 2700x with a RTX 2070 super.
If your CPU is at 100% and your graphics card is 80% you'll either have to crank up the settings or limit the fps.

My cpu usage during game is always well underneath my GPU usage. I hardly ever see my cpu go above 15 percent and my gpu at max usually only goes in the 40 percentile. So I doubt it's a bottleneck.