Question Why would my headset play all audio through my mic?

Feb 24, 2019
I have a Razer Kraken V2 (its an analog headset) and when any sound goes through it, it is played back into my mic. Stereo mix is disable although enabling and muting, re-disabling did nothing different. In the Realtek audio app I have changed the settings to separate all input and output on and off, neither of them changed the issue. Muting my mic with the in-cord controller doesn't work. The mic does not pick up any outside noise but still plays audio from my desktop. Muting the mic in the computer sound control fixes it and muting the headset output fixes it, however this of course prevents the usage of each. I have tried re-installing the Realtek drivers, buying a new cable splitter, and a USB sound card to plug it into, as well as testing other analog headphones/earbuds. It always plays back desktop audio no matter what I am using so I do not think it is the headset. I have tested it in discord, online mic testing websites, and started a recording in Audacity with the mic muted by the in-cord controller, all of which pick up and replicate desktop audio flawlessly. I do not have a problem with USB headsets, but I would like to fix this instead of buying a new headset altogether.

OneMoa

Reputable
May 12, 2014
Turn on Acoustic Echo Cancellation.

I just recently got the HyperX Cloud Alpha and its the best headset I have owned. It beats headsets I have spent 300 on.. But the issue I have is without AEC on my headset will pick up anything that is played on my desktop and everyone in discord/skype can hear it 100% loud and clear.

The only thing that has fixed it is AEC and sometimes I have to go back into sound settings and re enable it for some weird reason. But it does fix it for me so maybe itll fix it for you.

Feb 24, 2019
Turn on Acoustic Echo Cancellation.

I just recently got the HyperX Cloud Alpha and its the best headset I have owned. It beats headsets I have spent 300 on.. But the issue I have is without AEC on my headset will pick up anything that is played on my desktop and everyone in discord/skype can hear it 100% loud and clear.

The only thing that has fixed it is AEC and sometimes I have to go back into sound settings and re enable it for some weird reason. But it does fix it for me so maybe itll fix it for you.

No, it didnt work