[SOLVED] Why would realtek audio crash my pc?

Mar 30, 2020
Hi, recently I went to use my PC and it had no audio. Upon further investigation in device manager specifically Sound, Game, And Videos Controllers the Realtek HD Audio option I previously used was gone. I tried downloading the drivers for my motherboard and tried downloading them off the website nothing worked. I then saw something about adding legacy hardware and I used it to try and add the option of Realtek HD Audio but when I tried it crashed my system. Anyone know why and how to fix my audio? Thanks!

Solution
Hi thanks for the response and sorry I took so long to answer. In system devices I think, the High Definition Audio Driver has an error code 10, but only one of them (there is two). I have tried to look how to fix a code 10 error nothing works. And nothing (out of the ordinary) appears in hidden devices. I checked the newest bios for my motherboard and they are before I got my PC, so they probably came with it.

That error is probably from where you tried to add the setup manual with legacy hardware. Delete all the stuff with the error, then do a scan for new hardware. If the system does not pick anything up boot to the BIOS and check in there to make sure the audio device did not get disabled. If it's enabled in there or no...
Mar 30, 2020
Did this happen after any Windows updates? Does anything show up in Device Manager with an error code or unknown device? Also check hidden devices. Did you check for a newer BIOS for the system also?
Hi thanks for the response and sorry I took so long to answer. In system devices I think, the High Definition Audio Driver has an error code 10, but only one of them (there is two). I have tried to look how to fix a code 10 error nothing works. And nothing (out of the ordinary) appears in hidden devices. I checked the newest bios for my motherboard and they are before I got my PC, so they probably came with it.

That error is probably from where you tried to add the setup manual with legacy hardware. Delete all the stuff with the error, then do a scan for new hardware. If the system does not pick anything up boot to the BIOS and check in there to make sure the audio device did not get disabled. If it's enabled in there or no way to disable it, I would just buy a new sound card. The better ones are external, but a $20 internal one will work also. If you have good headphones and/or speakers I'd get an external DAC/headphone amp combo for like 70-100.

Solution