Question Why would the bluetooth part of a pcie wifi + bluetooth be unable to resume after hibernation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
I have an issue with my TP link Archer tx3000e combo bluetooth + wifi pcie card. When I put the machine into hibernation, then only the Wifi resumes the bluetooth part doesn't. Instead it gives me an error 43. So I have to go into device manager, click remove device, delete driver and then let windows 10 pro (latest build) resdisover the bluetooth driver by redownloading it.

I tried both with the bluetooth driver from TP-links website and the one from Intels website (both are intel drivers). But the same error accurs. the card is connected as by the manual to an internal USB connected on my Aorus z390 Pro motherboard.

Any thoughts? I don't have another desktop machine to try it in.

Reactions: Anonymiter

Anonymiter

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
See if the BIOS has a setting for ErP (Energy-related Products)? Try disabling/enabling it and see if your results vary?

You can also check in the device properties through Device Manager for the Power Management tab. There may be a check box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
See if the BIOS has a setting for ErP (Energy-related Products)? Try disabling/enabling it and see if your results vary?

You can also check in the device properties through Device Manager for the Power Management tab. There may be a check box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Thank you for your answer, there is no power setting under bluetooth. But since its connected to internal USB connector. I have tried to disable allow this to enter standby under the two generic USB hub.

But that doesn't work either.

ERP was set to disabled and changed it to enabled, but still same result.

Could the card be defective? Hence the error 43?

Anonymiter

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2013
Check under Network Adapters and see if the WiFi portion of the hardware has power management settings. I know it's not the WiFi you're having trouble with but the Bluetooth usually uses the same hardware for it's radio.

TBH it sounds like bad driver support. The device isn't properly waking from a low power state until reinitialized by a driver install. You could reach out to TP-Link to see if they have any suggestions. More than likely they'll just want to set you up with an RMA which, if it is a software issue, won't solve the problem. Couldn't hurt to try though if it is covered by warranty.

Reactions: Euroman28

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Check under Network Adapters and see if the WiFi portion of the hardware has power management settings. I know it's not the WiFi you're having trouble with but the Bluetooth usually uses the same hardware for it's radio.

TBH it sounds like bad driver support. The device isn't properly waking from a low power state until reinitialized by a driver install. You could reach out to TP-Link to see if they have any suggestions. More than likely they'll just want to set you up with an RMA which, if it is a software issue, won't solve the problem. Couldn't hurt to try though if it is covered by warranty.

I have emailed TP-link again (they didn't respond the first the time), but thanks for your respons.

Reactions: Anonymiter
Status
Not open for further replies.