Question Why

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hello , I have an MSI GE72 Apache Pro with GTX 970M and 16 GB RAM and it used to run games at good frames , but recently it runs games about 120 fps BUT too much frames drop that I had to limit it to 60 in csgo still lags , in fortnite lags too much before it used to run fortnite on 140-160 now too much fps drops I have to cap it to play . When I UNCAP my fps it reaches good frames but then HEAVY drops... So I have to cap it to 60 only Im monitor is 60hz but before this problem didnt exist that I had to cap my fps. Even when I cap fps lag.
All games.

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
@sizzling , My CPU tem is 88 and my GPU temp is 70. I use a LAPTOP cooling pad and another TABLE fan near my laptop. My laptop gets higher fps but lags Idk why so I have to always cap to play its annoying to play in capped. If I get HIGH fps it lags idk why even when I cap it to 60 it shows that fps is constant 60 but it lags idk what the hell is wrong.

Last edited:

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I cleaned everything and now my temp is 50 on gaming still have the problem , I even removed the laptop cleaned it, I start the game feels smooth for 5 mins then back to lag .Runs in 140 FPS but CHOPPY AND LAGGY AT 140 FPS IDK WTF is wrong please help.. @Everyone @sizzling @USAFRet

Last edited:

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hello , I have an MSI GE72 Apache Pro with GTX 970M and 16 GB RAM and it used to run games at good frames , but recently it runs games about 120 fps BUT too much frames drop that I had to limit it to 60 in csgo still lags , in fortnite lags too much before it used to run fortnite on 140-160 now too much fps drops I have to cap it to play . When I UNCAP my fps it reaches good frames but then HEAVY drops... So I have to cap it to 60 only Im monitor is 60hz but before this problem didnt exist that I had to cap my fps. Even when I cap fps lag. Happens in all games. I cleaned everything and now my temp is 50 on gaming still have the problem , I even removed the laptop cleaned it, I start the game feels smooth for 5 mins then back to lag .Runs in 140 FPS but CHOPPY AND LAGGY AT 140 FPS IDK WTF is wrong please help.