Question Why

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have fps drop issues when I plug in my charger and play I get fps drops so I have to cap it to 60 and if I unplug the charger there is no fps drop so I can play in high fps any reason y?

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
When Plugged in , it is set to High Performance. And when gaming GPU temp 45 and CPU temp 88 and when I unplug charger it runs smooth so high fps when I plug in after 5 mins lags heavy fps drops so I have to cap to 60 to play smooth @sizzling

When Plugged in , it is set to High Performance. And when gaming GPU temp 45 and CPU temp 88 and when I unplug charger it runs smooth so high fps when I plug in after 5 mins lags heavy fps drops so I have to cap to 60 to play smooth @sizzling
Looks like your cpu is overheating when running high performance mode. Make sure you have good air circulation around the laptop, use it on a hard flat surface. Also try blowing out any dust with a can of compressed air.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You are pretty close to throttle stage at those temps as said.

Having the laptop on charge opens the laptop to full performance and being not on battery saving mode probably see more gpu + cpu heat. Change on battery to full performance and see.

Extra cooling in place atm might'n be enough.

Check cpu temps and speed when fps begin to drop with Msi Afterburner or alt tab to another utility like HWinfo64. Afterburner is useful because you can watch these stats and more ingame while you play..

Well I use a laptop fan and another table fan
But it’s still overheating. Now some laptops do have poor thermal design and will overheat when gaming even if marketed as a gaming laptop. However assuming your laptop is not one of these then you need to do something to help it stay cool. Cleaning the dust is one thing. I read some people undervolt the cpu to reduce its heat but this can reduce performance or cause stability issues if not done carefully. It’s not something I have done with a laptop as I don’t game on one.

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
But it’s still overheating. Now some laptops do have poor thermal design and will overheat when gaming even if marketed as a gaming laptop. However assuming your laptop is not one of these then you need to do something to help it stay cool. Cleaning the dust is one thing. I read some people undervolt the cpu to reduce its heat but this can reduce performance or cause stability issues if not done carefully. It’s not something I have done with a laptop as I don’t game on one.

I opened and cleaned everything last month.And I figured out one more thing I go to NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL and change everything on high performance and then all games lag then I play in 60 fps to play smoothly so I never touch nvidia control panel

I opened and cleaned everything last month.And I figured out one more thing I go to NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL and change everything on high performance and then all games lag then I play in 60 fps to play smoothly so I never touch nvidia control panel
So it’s still overheating even after a clean. It may need new thermal paste or it is one of the laptops that just has poor thermal design.