[SOLVED] Why?

Dec 13, 2019
so i use to have a i3-8100, 1050, 3000 16GB RAM, 2 SSD'S AND 1 HDD TB, and i got a brand new pc yday 3700x, RX 5700 XT, 3000 16GB RAM, 2SSD'S AND 1 HDD & the boot up time for the new system is 19 seconds while the old pc with the i3 was 6 seconds any reasons why or how to resolve it?

Solution
Could be many things, but a 16 second boot time is not that big a deal. What is it spending the most time doing? Black screen before video? Could be the GPU's POST. Motherboards often have settings for a fast boot, you can enable or disable such things. Basically whether or not it checks the memory.

Did you re-install Windows? If you simply swapped it over then it may be running through extra steps that it doesn't need to on boot. Extra drivers, hardware profiles etc.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Could be many things, but a 16 second boot time is not that big a deal. What is it spending the most time doing? Black screen before video? Could be the GPU's POST. Motherboards often have settings for a fast boot, you can enable or disable such things. Basically whether or not it checks the memory.

Did you re-install Windows? If you simply swapped it over then it may be running through extra steps that it doesn't need to on boot. Extra drivers, hardware profiles etc.

Solution
Me and i feel some others have noticed when switching from Intel to AMD Ryzen that the post times for the motherboard are a little longer

If i recall, there may have been a bios update for X570 boards to shorten post times. I'd try the latest BIOS on your board.

In the grand scheme of things, 16 seconds is nothing to worry about. It really isn't very long and the system should be performing far superior in pretty much all tasks to negate this.

Reactions: delay28
Dec 13, 2019

Its mostly black screen yeah and i used macrium reflect to transfer windows from my old ssd to my new one

TRENDING THREADS