Question Wi-Fi constantly stops working for short intervals ?

Sep 11, 2021
My computer for a while has been having bad ping spikes and I am unable to figure it out. This problem does not occur at all times but frequent enough to be frustrating. I'm not sure how to attach a picture but the graph in the task manager Wi-Fi tab has spikes of activity as every few seconds it reads 0. My device is the only device on my network having this issue so I think its an issue with my device and not the internet/router. I am using the motherboard's integrated WiFi adapter.
Hope this issue can be resolved.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model modem, router (or modem/router if combined)?

Are you sure that only one network adapter is enabled on your computer?

Have you tried manually downloading the wireless network adapter's drivers via the applicable manufacturer's website? Reinstall and reconfigure.

How many other devices (wired and wireless) are on your network?

Are you in an area with lots of possible surrounding wireless networks? Could be interference.

What frequency and channel is your wireless network using?

Sep 11, 2021
I have a i5 8600k, 16gb of ram, rog strix z370e motherboard and Windows 10 64bit.

I'm not sure the modem as its not in my unit but I believe the router is a Tp-link Deco X20

I'm an pretty sure that only one network adapter is enabled

I have tried downloading and reinstalling the drivers for my wireless network adapter.

I'm not sure how many devices are connected as the modem is for the whole building.

I don't think this would be the case as its only my computer and none of my roommates

Not sure

Sep 11, 2021
I have a i5 8600k, 16gb of ram, rog strix z370e motherboard and Windows 10 64bit.

I'm not sure the modem as its not in my unit but I believe the router is a Tp-link Deco X20

I'm an pretty sure that only one network adapter is enabled

I have tried downloading and reinstalling the drivers for my wireless network adapter.

I'm not sure how many devices are connected as the modem is for the whole building.

I don't think this would be the case as its only my computer and none of my roommates

Not sure
I'm not sure if this helps but the specific Wi-Fi network adapter is the Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802. 11ac PCI-E NIC driver version 2024.0.8.108