[SOLVED] Wi-Fi disconnecting under load ?

Jan 22, 2022
Hi all my mate has had a pc that a built him about 3 months ago and all seemed to be fine until his Wi-Fi would disconnect under load (playing games like r6 and rocket league) but did not disconnect in Minecraft. We have tried every thing from flushing dns to uninstall all Wi-Fi drivers and still nothing.

The only thing we have not tried is using a wired connection but will this make any difference as the PC's Wi-Fi worked before?
I don't know what to do. It is possible to run an ethernet cable but is there any thing else i can do, and will running ethernet even work ?

Solution
Ethernet is always your best option especially for games. Wifi is always subject to interference that can change day to day as your neighbors get new equipment or make changes. Do not use that flat ethernet cable though.

If the ethernet does not work then it would more likely there is some issue with the internet connection itself. It is much more likely though it is a wifi issue. Like most network things when you are getting errors, running more traffic cause more errors at some point the errors exceed the ability of the device to correct them and it will just drop the connection and start over. This is very common on wifi but you will see it from time to time on something like a cable modem that is getting poor...
Ethernet is always your best option especially for games. Wifi is always subject to interference that can change day to day as your neighbors get new equipment or make changes. Do not use that flat ethernet cable though.

If the ethernet does not work then it would more likely there is some issue with the internet connection itself. It is much more likely though it is a wifi issue. Like most network things when you are getting errors, running more traffic cause more errors at some point the errors exceed the ability of the device to correct them and it will just drop the connection and start over. This is very common on wifi but you will see it from time to time on something like a cable modem that is getting poor connectivity to the ISP.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution