Question Wi-Fi Network adapter won't show in Task Manager

bbp

Sep 24, 2024
Hi All,

I am facing an issue since last One week and its is frustrating. I have Dell Inspiron Laptop WIFI network was working fine. But now wifi network not showing in the task manager. The WIFI network adapter also not showing in the device manager. I have searched so many articles followed their steps but no luck. Please find the attached screenshot and help me. I have downloaded all the latest Network drivers from Vendor website and installed them . But its not showing in the device manager. Finally I format the Laptop and Installed once again Windows 10 OS. Installed all the drivers but wifi driver not showing in the device manager.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Dell Inspiron Laptop
Please specify the model and SKU to your laptop. Would also help if you can mention what your current BIOS version is. Using your laptop's service tag, on Dell's support portal, it should bring up a page bespoke to your laptop. How old is your laptop?

I have downloaded all the latest Network drivers from Vendor website and installed them . But its not showing in the device manager. Finally I format the Laptop and Installed once again Windows 10 OS. Installed all the drivers but wifi driver not showing in the device manager.
Did you install all drivers in an elevated command? Just curious, where did you source the installer for your OS and did you install said OS in offline mode?

Do you see any device show up flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager? You should host your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass on a link to said images for us to see them. We don't host images on our forums.

bbp

Sep 24, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Dell Inspiron Laptop
Please specify the model and SKU to your laptop. Would also help if you can mention what your current BIOS version is. Using your laptop's service tag, on Dell's support portal, it should bring up a page bespoke to your laptop. How old is your laptop?

I have downloaded all the latest Network drivers from Vendor website and installed them . But its not showing in the device manager. Finally I format the Laptop and Installed once again Windows 10 OS. Installed all the drivers but wifi driver not showing in the device manager.
Did you install all drivers in an elevated command? Just curious, where did you source the installer for your OS and did you install said OS in offline mode?

Do you see any device show up flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager? You should host your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass on a link to said images for us to see them. We don't host images on our forums.

Hi Lutfij,

Thank you for your response. Please find the required information below

1. Please specify the model and SKU to your laptop- Dell Inspiron 5570
System SKU 0810
2- What your current BIOS version is - SMBIOS Version 1.14.0 and BaseBoard Version A00
3- How old is your laptop? - 31 MAR 2019
4- Did you install all drivers in an elevated command? - I have downloaded below list of drivers from Dell Portal and installed them one by one but no results.

a) Qualcomm-QCA61x4A-QCA9377-Wi-Fi-and-Bluetooth-Driver_YX23Y_WIN_12.0.0.1118_A47_04 from Dell website and installed it but No luck
b) Realtek-PCIe-Ethernet-Controller-Driver_XWMV0_WIN_2.43.2018.0302_A17_02
c) Intel-Management-Engine-Interface-Driver_JR36F_WIN_1914.12.0.1255_A04_02

5- Where did you source the installer for your OS and did you install said OS in offline mode? - I have downloaded Windows 10 Home Single Language version 22H2 OS build 19045.4894 from Microsoft and make a bootable USB from this USB i installed Windows 10. But 1 month before wifi was work fine i have no idea what went wrong wifi disappeared from taskbar
6- Do you see any device show up flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?- No
7- You should host your images on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass on a link to said images for us to see them. - I have not done this before do not know how to host the image.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am facing an issue since last One week and its is frustrating. I have Dell Inspiron Laptop WIFI network was working fine. But now wifi network not showing in the task manager. The WIFI network adapter also not showing in the device manager. I have searched so many articles followed their steps but no luck. Please find the attached screenshot and help me. I have downloaded all the latest Network drivers from Vendor website and installed them . But its not showing in the device manager. Finally I format the Laptop and Installed once again Windows 10 OS. Installed all the drivers but wifi driver not showing in the device manager.
You might want to look through the bios for wifi options.

It looks like the wifi is a m.2 card perhaps reseat the card.

I have done this so many time but No results. Fn+PrtScr - Airplane mode On Fn+PrtScr -
Airplane mode Off WIFI option not showing
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Any devices with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?
Did you install chipset drivers?
Did you install wifi drivers?
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/drivers

If nothing helps, then wifi module may have died. It can be replaced.

Note - you can not use wired ethernet and wifi connected to the same network.
It's either one or the other. Not both simultaneously.
Unused connection has to be disabled for proper operation.

bbp

Sep 24, 2024
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Any devices with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?
Did you install chipset drivers?
Did you install wifi drivers?
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/drivers

Note - you can not use wired ethernet and wifi connected to the same network.
@SkyNetRising Please find the screenshot from Device manager View: https://imgur.com/a/g0xi7sc

bbp

Sep 24, 2024
@SkyNetRising

Any devices with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?----- No
Did you install chipset drivers? - I have installed so many drivers from Dell Portal not sure which exactly chipset drivers
Did you install wifi drivers? - Yes

Note - you can not use wired ethernet and wifi connected to the same network. - Of course