Wi-Fi not found on windows 10

Aug 30, 2018
Hi. I am completely computer illiterate due to old age. A friend used my computer and suddenly the Wi-Fi has disapeared. It is working on all other devices in the home but all my computer on windows 10 says is that an ethernet cable is unplugged. Cant even find the Wi-Fi on the pc. Please help....

Solution
As an a addendum to viveknayyar007's solution;

If it is a laptop, look for a WiFi switch on the side of the laptop. Some models use them, some have a "Fn" key combination to toggle the WiFi on/off. Hopefully it is something so easy.
Hello Sir

Can you please confirm if it is a laptop computer? If it is, please check if any of the keys turns on or off the wireless option in your computer, and confirm if the option is turned on.

If you're on a desktop computer and/or the wireless is turned on, can you please try the following:

> Right-click Start.

> Go to Network Connections.

> Select the Wi-Fi category from the left pane of the window that opens.

> Ensure that the Wi-Fi switch in the right window is enabled.

If you still don't see the Wi-Fi network, scroll down to the Connect to a wireless network section, click the Still can't connect? Open the troubleshooter link, and follow the on-screen instructions from there to troubleshoot any issues with the Wi-Fi settings.

Please report back if the solutions don't work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!! :)

timmoseus

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
As an a addendum to viveknayyar007's solution;

If it is a laptop, look for a WiFi switch on the side of the laptop. Some models use them, some have a "Fn" key combination to toggle the WiFi on/off. Hopefully it is something so easy.

Solution