Wi-Fi repeater not working

Aug 22, 2018
I don't understand why my Wi-Fi repeater isn't working I set it up like it said in the manual then changed the ip adress like it said on a difrent website but my internet still says that the internet may not be available. Help?

Solution
"I set it up like it said in the manual then changed the ip adress like it said on a difrent website but my internet still says that the internet may not be available"

I've set up quite a few range extenders and I've never seen instructions to change IP address - - never had to do that.

So I've an inkling that could be your problem -- start over and just follow instructions supplied with the extender, not "from a different website".

By the way, there's a better alternative to using a range extender in some situations (they are rubbish anyway, don't use them any more) and that's to use powerline adapters which provide an ethernet port. I use a pair for my smart TV and they are brilliant - - - no confusing configuration...
Not to be trite, but maybe it's broken. Unfortunately it happens.

I assume it had some kind of login (wired or wireless). You were able to login and find the network you want to extend? You put in the WiFi password for that network? IP address? ... a true repeater should not require an IP address (well, you do for the config, but not for the repeating). What brand and model are we talking about?

"I set it up like it said in the manual then changed the ip adress like it said on a difrent website but my internet still says that the internet may not be available"

I've set up quite a few range extenders and I've never seen instructions to change IP address - - never had to do that.

So I've an inkling that could be your problem -- start over and just follow instructions supplied with the extender, not "from a different website".

By the way, there's a better alternative to using a range extender in some situations (they are rubbish anyway, don't use them any more) and that's to use powerline adapters which provide an ethernet port. I use a pair for my smart TV and they are brilliant - - - no confusing configuration to do like there is with wireless. Well worth considering.

Good luck.

Solution