Question Wi-Fi Router for Apartment

elvisruns

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Looking for some quick recommendation. We just moved our 22 year old daughter into her new apartment - it's about 500 square feet and mostly open floor plan. She's got a fiber ethernet connection, but we did not think about bringing a router with us. I've got an older Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (AC1900) that I could send her, but not sure if it's the best/easiest for her to set up on her own. Or if it will handle some of the speeds she would now probably want/need, as she will be working remotely some of the time. If I go with something new, what are my best bets for a fairly easy, fast, not super expensive router. I almost just bought her a Google Nest Pro (that's what we have at home). Also, she's an Apple user, but not sure if that really matters to this age range.

kanewolf

Titan
Looking for some quick recommendation. We just moved our 22 year old daughter into her new apartment - it's about 500 square feet and mostly open floor plan. She's got a fiber ethernet connection, but we did not think about bringing a router with us. I've got an older Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (AC1900) that I could send her, but not sure if it's the best/easiest for her to set up on her own. Or if it will handle some of the speeds she would now probably want/need, as she will be working remotely some of the time. If I go with something new, what are my best bets for a fairly easy, fast, not super expensive router. I almost just bought her a Google Nest Pro (that's what we have at home). Also, she's an Apple user, but not sure if that really matters to this age range.
The problem with WIFI in an apartment is the 10 to 100 nearby WIFI sources competing with your WIFI. That R7000 may be as good as any choice.