Question Wi-Fi USB Tethering stopped working. Various phones tested, working on other computers.

May 17, 2022
Hi, I've got a computer with Wi-Fi but it's in the house's corner so the signal isn't great. BUT, on my phone the signal is strong and I get full speeds.

So, when I want to download something or stream, I usually connect to my phone and turn on the USB tethering, as it is much faster.

Today it stopped working. I can activate in the smartphone, it makes the connection sound on windows, but then nothing happens. I've tried different usb ports, I've tried with two other phones, nothing works.

I've also tried the phones on my laptop and the usb tethering worked right away.
Any suggestions? Id really appreciate some help.

Sometimes devices drivers get corrupted.
You might need to remove the device from the Device Manager, so the drivers could be reinstalled.
Open Device Manager.
Connect the tethering USB cable.
Pay attention when the USB device appears on the Device Manager.
Right click the device and select Uninstall device and if the choice is available, remove its software and drivers (It could appear under Universal Serial Bus controller and also under Network adapters.).
Reboot the system and try connecting the phone again.

May 17, 2022
Sometimes devices drivers get corrupted.
You might need to remove the device from the Device Manager, so the drivers could be reinstalled.
Open Device Manager.
Connect the tethering USB cable.
Pay attention when the USB device appears on the Device Manager.
Right click the device and select Uninstall device and if the choice is available, remove its software and drivers (It could appear under Universal Serial Bus controller and also under Network adapters.).
Reboot the system and try connecting the phone again.
Hi there, thanks for the help. the device did show up under Universal Serial Bus, i removed it and rebooted. Still with the problem.