[SOLVED] Wi-Fi works fine except for PC

Apr 4, 2020
Hello,
I have an ASUS X550Z tha uses Windows 10 Pro and the Broadcom 802.11n Network adapter, driver version 7.35.340.0 (the newest one as far as I know).
I have been using this PC for nearly a year and since the day I bought it it randomly disconnects, or doesn't have access to the internet through Wi-Fi. I'm almost convinced that the problem lies with the PC itself because no other device had a problem like this, and this happens with every router it has connected.
So far, I have tried:
-All of this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues except for changing my router
-updating the Wireless driver
-using the older version of the Wireless driver
-reinstalling the Wireless driver
-Chatting with Microsoft which came to the conclusion that the problem lies with my router

Additionally:
-It works fine with an Ethernet cable
-Also works fine with a USB Wireless adapter
-Sometimes troubleshooting fixes it with the message "problem with the router" after resetting the Wi-Fi, and sometimes after resetting it can't connect to the router at all.

I just want to make sure if there is a possibility for the problem to be fixed through my Laptop. Thanks in advance.

Solution
It sounds like you've isolated the problem to the Broadcom adapter. Try this page:

There are similar pages if you search for them.

You could also open the laptop and make sure the antenna cables are still securely connected to the network card. I recently replaced a different network card that was such an utter piece of crap that one of the antenna terminals had come off the card.

Balrog49

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
It sounds like you've isolated the problem to the Broadcom adapter. Try this page:

There are similar pages if you search for them.

You could also open the laptop and make sure the antenna cables are still securely connected to the network card. I recently replaced a different network card that was such an utter piece of crap that one of the antenna terminals had come off the card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS