Wich memory with A8N Deluxe (or similar socket 939 mb)

buster

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

Wich memory would be best for this type of motherboard ? The standard
PC3200 RAM (DDR400)modules or the ones with extra low latency ? I read
something about a memory controller on the cpu but I don't know what it
all means.
Thanks

Hi,

on Athlon 64 the memory-controller is integrated in the cpu. So access to
memory is a bit more efficient than the "normal" configuration where the
m-controller is placed in the "chipset". For that they are build that way.
IT IS.

Dont think about "low / extra low" latency ! The resulting performance
compared to standard / mainstream DDR PC 400 is in the lowest % and for
normal operating not worth the higher prices -or thinking about.

It is recommendet to buy all modules from same manufacturer to avoid some
trubbles -better : identical modules.

regards
jk