• Motherboard

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • PSU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yetyhunter

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I have some big problems with my system.It wont boot anymore.I tried to overclock my E8400 to 3.8 ghz and when I rebooted there was a message showing up saying NEW CPU DETECTED but I didn't change my CPU.I changed the voltage to 1.2 and fsb to 1689.Every time I push the power button all the fans turn on and that's it. No bip ,no post, the monitor is acting like it doesn't receive any signal.NEED OPINIONS .

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
Can you list your motherboard and psu? 1689mhz is a high fsb, too high for some of the old chipset motherboards. Psu is possible, although less likely. 3.8ghz for e8400 should not be a problem. E8400, even if it's e0 or m0 stepping instead of c0, should oc reliably to 4.0ghz.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I'll assume you reset the CMOS correctly. You can either remove the battery, or use the jumper.

Did you discharge your static before you went jangling around inside the computer?

All the fans turn on. What about LEDs? Does your HDD spin up?

Check to make sure you didn't unseat any power connectors. Also, check to make sure you didn't create a short on your mobo somewhere (remove from case if you have to). Did you remove your CPU at any point? RAM? You may have reseated them incorrectly.

Did you apply any higher voltage than 1.2v?

If I had to bet the farm, given what you've said, I'd bet mobo.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I had the same problem with a P5n-D and ended up RMAing it. It was working one night, then the next morning it just died, wouldn't boot at all. No other component was broken (I know because all of them are currently in use with a new mobo) and I had no overclock.

Still don't know what caused it but my new system is up and running so I'm happy.

yetyhunter

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
The motherboard led was on and the HDD was working.I only changed to voltage to exactly 1.2000 and the fsb to 1689 ,the ram was linked in sync mode at 869MHZ default 800.I removed the battery and used the jumper.
I didn't touch anyting inside the case just changed settings in the bios.

I sent my mobo back to the shop but they need to check if the mobo is the real problem before replacing.If it's not the mobo I need to pay 50$ for service.what do you think ?I shure hope it's the mobo.

I had exactly the same problem with a older mobo. All fans turn on but no post no bit, nothing.That happend when my PSU exploded and fried only the mobo.

TRENDING THREADS