[SOLVED] Wich system shoud i buy?

mcowan

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Hi there!
First, sorry if my english is not on point!
I wanted to build a new gaming pc but since there is a shortage in GPU and AMD CPU (at least where i live) i decided to look into pre-built system and i came across two system that look interesting. Here are the spec:

Brand: Armoury
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3060ti
NVMe 500g
16g RAM
Windows 10 family

Brand: Acer
I7 10700k (3,8ghz)
RTX 2070 super
16g RAM
SSD 512g + 1Tb HDD
Windows 10 Family

Knowing that :
the Acer (intel cpu) is about 30% more expensive
i'm a casual gamer, i especially want to run Microsoft simulator 2020 on a 1440p monitor (it's the only game that i play on my current pc that...well... that i can't play...)
I also do 3D rendering from time to time

So, wich one would you pick? Or shoud i wait and build a PC myself when RTX series become available again? (it would be my third build)
Thanks a lot for your time!

Solution
For the AMD system, the only info i found on the MB is it's a B450
That could still be upgraded to Ryzen 5000 series and memory with that set should also have no problem up to 3600MHz. But knowing how those kinds of prebuilt PCs usually have sub decent parts I would make sure I know all components. I'd rather build my own.
Hi there!
I wanted to build a new gaming pc but since there is a shortage in GPU and AMD CPU (at least where i live) i decided to look into pre-built system and i came across two system that look interesting. Here are the spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3060ti
NVMe 500g
16g RAM
Windows 10 family

I7 10700k (3,8ghz)
RTX 2070 super
16g RAM
SSD 512g + 1Tb HDD
Windows 10 Family

Knowing that :
i'm a casual gamer, i especially want to run Microsoft simulator 2020 on a 1440p monitor (it's the only game that i play on my current pc that...well... that i can't play...)

So, wich one would you pick? Or shoud i wait and build a PC myself when RTX series become available again? (it would be my third build)
I may be a bit biased but would pick first one as I know what it can do. Not knowing what exact components like MB and ram that Armoury set has (never heard of it) it may be better to find out and if it has 400 series or even better 600 series chipset it would be easier to upgrade in the future,

mcowan

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
I may be a bit biased but would pick first one as I know what it can do. Not knowing what exact components like MB and ram that Armoury set has (never heard of it) it may be better to find out and if it has 400 series or even better 600 series chipset it would be easier to upgrade in the future,
I don't have any info on the MB or ram brand for now. IT would be my first AMD system that's why i'm hesitant because it's 500$ cheaper than the Acer, so it should be a no brainer...

mcowan

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Without specifics about the exact RAM, motherboard, and PSU, it's next-to-impossible to evaluate these.
Yeah, i know. I guess the big unknown here is the MB since the ram is pretty easy to upgrade! But from your experience, do you think that the RAM speed makes a huge difference in a day to day use?

mcowan

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
That could still be upgraded to Ryzen 5000 series and memory with that set should also have no problem up to 3600MHz. But knowing how those kinds of prebuilt PCs usually have sub decent parts I would make sure I know all components. I'd rather build my own.
Damn it!! you're right. i'm just excited to replace my current rig but i should wait and build my own. I guess i could build a system with a I7 10700K and keep my GTX 970 until the RTX 30 series become available again1

Hi there!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3060ti
NVMe 500g
16g RAM
Windows 10 family

I7 10700k (3,8ghz)
RTX 2070 super
16g RAM
SSD 512g + 1Tb HDD
Windows 10 Family

Knowing that :

The RTX 3070 is what you want for gaming @ 1440. RTX 3060 Ti is what you want for gaming @ 1080P.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS