Wide display

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
If you are running Windows 7, right click on the display background, go to Display Resolution and lower the resolution. Ideally you want to set it for the recommended resolution for your monitor.

freddyb2

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Sorry if I was not clear. I am running XP and i tried all of the resolutions to no avail. When I open either Word or Outlook, the first display shows the Word icon very wide instead of square and the same with Outlook. My icons in the tray are widened and so are the ones in the quick open on the left. Some emails are ok but others put some of the ends of the sentences off the screen with no way to get the back. Fred

dingo07

Distinguished
It doesn't sound like a resolution issue. It sounds like someone has modified settings in the type styles or profiles. I don't have a machine that runs XP anymore, so I can't direct you to the exact place, but it should be somewhere after right-clicking the desktop and going into settings.

dingo07

Distinguished

that must have been the Other Thread you created about the issue... there's no answers like that here

glad you got it fixed!