Question Widows 10 keeps freezing on me after installing new MOBO

Feb 23, 2019
So I got a new motherboard because my old one could not fit a 8th gen int cpu. After I got everything all plunged in, it srtarted up fine, but when i got into the widown login page where you have to move the clock out of the way , it freezes. Sometimes i get type a single number in, but after that, it freezes. I don,t know what to do past factory resenting my pc.
I have also tried the windows repair.
Everything works fine in the bios as well.
It only freezes while logging into windows.

my specs are
cpu: Intel i7 8700k
mobo: msi mpg z390
ram: pny anarchy 2 sticks of 8gb
gpu: msi rx480
PSU: 850w corseair

Feb 23, 2019
Make that phone call, unless you want to go through the hassle of installing 8 then upgrading it to 10.
You can always go to windows website and try and download windows 10 with the code you already have - it may work... it may not - nothing to lose!
I feel you, what im trying now is installing windows on a flash drive, and booting off of my flash drive. Hoping that the code works.

Feb 23, 2019
So far this is what I have know i have to do. Create an iso file for Rufus to boot widows 10 from a flashdrive. the media creation tool was givng and error where it could not find the activation key. So rufus is my next idea. I tried to go the windows 8 then upgrade to 10, but because i need drives for my ethernet port to work, and i cant install without internet, i just have to go the long way of rufus.
Any other ideas?