[SOLVED] Widows 11 first installation

Apr 28, 2022
Hi,

In my bios I see all my equipement list in my signature. When I tried to install windows 11 the installation tells me "didn't meet the minimum requirements"

I chech if TPM IS 2.0 and it is.

This what I have done for now:
  1. Update bios to the last version
  2. Enable ftpm in bios to the correct setting
  3. Read a lot article not always clear :)

Solution
Are you trying to install from optical disk or flash drive? Under full UEFI configurations if you are using an NVME M.2 drive you often WON'T see any drive in the BIOS until after Windows installation and then it will generally show up in the boot order as "Windows boot manager" but you should still be able to see a flash drive in the boot options if one is attached with the Windows installer located on it.

If CSM is enabled you cannot have a full UEFI installation, and you don't mention whether you've enabled Secure boot or not.
Apr 28, 2022
Hi,
I already put,as you suggested the CSM to disable,when i do that i can't see any bootable device in bios.

Mobo: Asus x570-pro (wifi,)
Cpu: Ryzen 5900,
Ram: 32 gig of crucial ripjaws
Msi ventus 3080
Storage
Samsung 980 pro 2TB
Crucial Mx500 2TB
Case old one: corsair 800d

Are you trying to install from optical disk or flash drive? Under full UEFI configurations if you are using an NVME M.2 drive you often WON'T see any drive in the BIOS until after Windows installation and then it will generally show up in the boot order as "Windows boot manager" but you should still be able to see a flash drive in the boot options if one is attached with the Windows installer located on it.

If CSM is enabled you cannot have a full UEFI installation, and you don't mention whether you've enabled Secure boot or not.

Solution
Apr 28, 2022
Install from optical drive drive
Secure boot is Enable
Lauch CSM is Disable

Rebooting.... retry windows installation . Windows installation start.

Thank for your help and explanation. I was under the Impression if I can't see the drive under bootable device in Bios it is not ok. Your explanation tells me I'm wrong.

Thanks again you git my vote
Jacques

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech