Status
Not open for further replies.

cali_34

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hello,
how are you every one
i have prolem
my pro this widows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer 's hardware

how can soltion this prolem

please hel me

Solution
Just tryin to get this answer out there.
At the first error hit SHIFT F10
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Cd c:\windows\system32\oobe
Msoobe
This should force the installation to continue
unksol, He posted under window 7.
Concur with anonymous1 on using the lates Bios revision for your Motherboard:
But do need to verify are you tring to install Window8, or Windows 7 and if it is 32 bit or 64 bit OS.
2nd, Hard to answer without knowing your system.

There are also applications that will check your system and identify if it meets the requirements of the operating system.
For windows 8:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/system-requirements
Click on Upgrade Assistant. at bottom of Page.
For Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/upgrade-windows-vista
Click on "Windows 7 system requirements" to see requirements.
Click on "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" to run a system check.

Mattam111

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Just tryin to get this answer out there.
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Msoobe
This should force the installation to continue

Solution

schmooot

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

HOLY CRAP. I have been working on this stupid error on and off for the better part of a week. Scouring the interwebs, downloading drivers, configuring BIOS, must have formatted this brand new drive and reinstalled windows at least a dozen times. And then some random comment at the end of a thread............you sir are my hero. Thank you

Andro Park

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

I tried this but after asking my time zone and all it goes back to the same window.

mike1969

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

dxman46

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

Hell , it works ,,,,,,,,,

jimsocal

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I did this and it took me through the Windows sign in/ sign up process...
And then after all that it said it was checking System Performance and so on...I waited for that...
Then it just took me BACK to the same error message again!

Then it went back to the old "Windows failed to start. ... " black screen.

Am curious why this didn't work for me like it worked for others... and if you or anyone has any other suggestions.

I installed a new Seagate Barracuda 2TB internal hard drive to replace the old 750gig hard drive on my Dell XP430 desktop.
Trying to install Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium on the new hard drive.

By the way, I have some drivers on a disc but how do I get the system to load them when there is no Windows loaded already?
And my Seagate drive instructions say "Boot your system in to the Windows Vista CD". That is what I did.
Then it says "When prompted by Windows to install a 3rd party SCSI or RAID driver, press the F6 key then the S key when prompted, to specify additional devices.
Then insert the SATA driver cd and press enter.

It explains that I am supposed to prepare a disc of SATA drivers and I do have a Dell driver disc that *may* have them on it and I also have a disc of drivers and BIOS I copied from the Dell site. However - and this is key - I WAS NEVER PROMPTED DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION PROCESS TO INSTALL A 3RD PARTY SCSI OR RAID DRIVER.

PLEASE HELP! I HAVE A NEW HARD DRIVE, READY TO ROCK AND ROLL BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE NEXT MOVE TO GET OVER THIS MAJOR HUMP!

555dangermouse

Reputable
May 20, 2014
@mattman111 dude i specially signed up to this site so i could thank you. its almost midnight and i promised my customer his laptop would be ready first thing in the morning! you are a legend

adilk47

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
To sort it out do this:
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Msoobe
This should force the installation to continue.
If the error reappears click on OK and let it restart the system, once restarted it should carry on with the installation

Mistertj

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014

Worked for me too, thanks Mattam111

Mistertj

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Actually...it seemed as if it would work as windows asked a few questions but then when to frozen black screen and flashing curser. On reboot, it now freezes earlier. Piece of crap PC manufactures. I'm going Apple.

Mistertj

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Well I tried mattam111 idea but no success. My problem occurred when I tried to change to a new hard drive. I did some more research and I found out what the problem was. Because I have a computer that dates back to 2010 and from what I've learned 2010 or earlier, it is not compatible with AF hard drives. AF stands for advanced format. I need to use a hard drive that is a 512 byte sector hard drive. This is per HP support. The computer I have his model HPE–240F

Naeem Al Noman

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014

My god, I love you man, after hours of searching, this is what works

[Edited - swear word removed - Moderator]

Ahaiziah

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015

i am not getting to load the files in cmd and they saying they not recognising 'oobe' or 'msoobe' as an internal or external command

Tegid

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

Why does this work for some, but not others? I'm wondering what the root of the problem is to begin with.

tcaron

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015

I had to use SHIFT+FN+F10 to get the window. Then it's just one crazy cycle. Right after creating a user account it goes right back to the error usually without mouse control. I can type the command again, but over and over and over etc...

I have 3 MacBook Pros here all doing the same thing. The Developers at my company need to have Windows 8.1 on them. I used to be able to install 8.1 on MacBooks easily. Now impossible. Any suggestions?

Osagie

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

============================================
Thanks Man, Your suggestion worked but before applying your solution, I did this :-
My Laptop is HP Pavilion dv6

First file listed is for 64 bit operating systems.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22194&ProdId=2101&lang=eng&OSVersion...=

OR

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22194

Use the Drive Options - Advanced method to install, and then select the Load Driver option.

If you check the box, only the compatible SATA driver will be selected.
=============================
Next I applied your solution but the error message re-appeared. So, I allowed it to restart and everything was now fine. Just to be doubly sure , I shut the laptop down and boot it again. Now guess what ?................... EVERYTHING WAS STILL FINE.

Thank you very much.

danko12321

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015

Diskpart > Select Disk <the drive you want to install it on>
Diskpart > Clean
Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
Diskpart > Format Quick FS=NTFS
Diskpart > List Partition
Diskpart > Active
Diskpart > Exit

Status