Question Wierd issue please HELP!!!

Feb 21, 2023
I built my pc with msi b550m pro vdh wifi motherboard, amd ryzen 5700x, and XFX SPEEDSTER SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 CORE Gaming gpu. When I switched it on, ram light started blinking and it is not going to vga. I removed gpu and switched the cpu on and the light stopped on vga (i.e., the cpu is asking for gpu connection). With this in mind, I thought there is a problem with the graphic card and replaced it. I got the same gpu and installed it again in the motherboard. Initially same problem occurred where light is stopping at ram. But suddenly vga light is on and pc started, there was a message regarding memory, I think it was an error message but couldn't fully read it as it proceeded for windows installation and I was installing windows via usb. But suddenly it stopped and screen turned black and ram light is blinking. When I restarted the power, ram light is blinking and pc is not starting. I am unable to understand where the problem. Is the gpu which was a replaced new one not working again or is it the motherboard. Please help anyone!!!!
the craziest part is how can a pc turn on, asking to install windows and then suddenly the display goes off and then when I try to turn it on again, ram light is blinking. Shouldn't the pc even turn on and let alone ask you to intall windows when there is a defective ram? Whats the possibility that ram is defective? Please HELPP!!!
Edit: motherboard is b550m pro vdh wifi not 450m

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
What RAM are you using and was it on the motherboards compatibility list? Have you tried using just one stick of RAM?
G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600 CL18-22-22-42 yes it is compatible with msi b550m pro vdh wifi. (motherboard is b550m pro vdh wifi not 450m as posted originally)
Yes I have removed the rams and placed them back again (A2, B2). Tried in A1, B1 slots too but pc didnt turn on.
Yes I have kept only 1 stick at a time (tried both separately) and tried starting again but to no avail.
I dont understand how it was able to start for one time (gave a memory message, think its an error message couldn't read it completely) and went directly to windows installation and then screen goes blank and doesnt work anymore after restartin the power.
Thanks for the suggestions

Reactions: kurdtnz