Wierd Problem with computer.

Mr_rogue_23

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
So im very confused right now, I can only use my custom build computer in safe mode.
The motherboard has a special feature where you can turn the mobo to slow mode after months of not being able to figure out why my computer would freeze i RMA my motherboard and still freezing. I ran diags on my cpu gpu mem and my storage..... NOTHING. So i replace the cord to the cpu and still nothing. so i try using it in slow mode.... and for some reason it works no problem..... well besides my cpu only runs at 1.36ghz. Its not overheating ive checked multiple times, both idling and stress testing all at normal temps. If anybody has an answer for me that would be awesome because its very frustrating to have this persisting problem. Thanks!!!

Specs are:
MSI 970 Gaming
AMD 8320 Black Edition
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC
Corsair Vengence Pro 16gb
Corsair H100iV2
EVGA 650W
PNY 250gb SSD
Seagate 1tb HDD

well the only difference between normal and safe mode is a series of drivers that are omitted, so it could be simple as a bad video driver or wifi card you have in it. I would start by using DDU and clean out your video driver from safe mode, and reboot and see where it goes.

Also in safe mode your not using all Ram possible, so I would run a memtest on it while your at it, could be as simple as a bad ramstick

Mr_rogue_23

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016

ill try this and see what happens

Mr_rogue_23

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016

alright i let memtest run all night and it came back with no errors rules that out i used DDU and still nothing.

Mr_rogue_23

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016

i figured it out, switched out the cpu and no problem must have just gotten a defected CPU