[SOLVED] Wierd sounds from VideoCard when display updates of any way.

Nov 25, 2020
the sounds are from the only video cards, not any fans not even video card fans - I stopped them.

these sounds are like electrical sounds inside of the card. why ? what is it? how?
the card is GTX 950 EVGA ftw version in perfect condition (except this sounds...)

check out the video here

Solution
Coil whine. Mine does that too with mouse movement.

You can try replacing thermal pads or adding additional thermal compound around the coil packs (gray blocks) to see if you can muffle it. Mine is basically from using a water block, EVGA had those things gooped up to the nines, I had to clean it up for installation.

It may have to do with the polling rate on the mouse sensor as it tries to update the position of the mouse pointer unreasonably fast. There is also some anecdotal evidence that getting your mouse connector as far away from the motherboard as possible can help, I am not convinced. So if you have a motherboard with 4 tall ports, use the one furthest from the bottom.

I haven't messed with it in a while. Once I put my...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

You can try replacing thermal pads or adding additional thermal compound around the coil packs (gray blocks) to see if you can muffle it. Mine is basically from using a water block, EVGA had those things gooped up to the nines, I had to clean it up for installation.

It may have to do with the polling rate on the mouse sensor as it tries to update the position of the mouse pointer unreasonably fast. There is also some anecdotal evidence that getting your mouse connector as far away from the motherboard as possible can help, I am not convinced. So if you have a motherboard with 4 tall ports, use the one furthest from the bottom.

I haven't messed with it in a while. Once I put my headphones on it isn't that big a problem. Though coil whine from certain games is still quite audible (not sure why one of my games has no frame limiter in the fullscreen map, even with G-sync on it makes the card scream)

Solution
Nov 25, 2020

You can try replacing thermal pads or adding additional thermal compounds around the coil packs (gray blocks) to see if you can muffle it. Mine is basically from using a water block, EVGA had those things gooped up to the nines, I had to clean it up for installation.

I haven't messed with it in a while. Once I put my headphones on it isn't that big a problem. Though coil whine from certain games is still quite audible (not sure why one of my games has no frame limiter in the fullscreen map, even with G-sync on it makes the card scream)
thanks for the answer, this is not a big problem with headphones you are right. but you know annoying ... why should the card scream man it's 21 century...
i don't know if i have time to fix this myself... I just wanted to know what is the reason for this screaming... if it's okay, I will be quiet.. xD

then ill just replace it when i can afford -> i hopea new one like from MSI or Asus will not scream as well -_-